If you are lucky enough to have neighbours with their own organic veggie gardens (or even better with your own), what is your yummiest way to use up zucchini (they make baked good so moist)? I love it in everything from cakes, cookies, muffins, grilled and even battered and fried ala my mother-in-law style. These cookies from Two Peas and Their Pods with a few of my own modifications are super delicious and oh so healthy. I don’t even feel guilty enjoying them at breakfast with a glass of almond milk.
1 cup gluten free flour (I like Cloud 9 brand) or you can use white or whole wheat
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup chocolate chip (optional or you could use raisins or dried cranberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil and sugar, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
4. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
5. I use a small ice cream scooper and drop each scoop onto lined cookie tray (about 2 inches apart). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.