Omega Glow Energy Granola Bars
Omega Glow Energy Granola Bar
I love the convenience of a granola bar–but normally dislike all the extra sugar, fats and preservatives that are used in commercially prepared ones. To the rescue–my omega glow energy bars. I would highly recommend making a double batch of these, as you will have a hard time stopping at just one square! They contain all my favorite ingredients from hemp and pumpkin, to oats and coconut, making these bars the perfect afternoon pick me up. And they check all my nutritional musts for protein, carbs and healthy fats.
- 1 ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds – finely chopped
- ¼ cup shredded coconut – unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 4 pitted medjool dates – soaked in water
- 6 tablespoon of water
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Line a 6-inch square cake pan with parchment paper and grease it with some coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, hemp seeds, chopped pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, shredded coconut, goji berry, cardamom, and vanilla extract.
- Add the soaked dates and the water into a food processor or a blender; combine until it becomes a paste.
- Heat the coconut nectar (low heat) in a small saucepan, once it is hot stir in the almond butter and vanilla.
- Pour date paste and the almond butter mixture over the oat mixture, using a spatula or your hand combine all the ingredients together.
- Transfer your mixture in to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. You can even use your hands to press down the mixture.
- Place the uncovered pan into a freezer and chill for 20 minutes.
- Use the side of the parchment paper to lift the square out of the pan.
- Using a cutting board, slice the square into 4 rows and then again slice them in half. This makes total of 8 bars!
- Keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. You may also freeze them up to one month.
Note: Double the Ingredients to make 16 bars