Plum Ricotta Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
These muffins make a satisfying on-the-go, portable breakfast or delicious after school snack! Packed with nutritious ingredients, this is your stuff-your-face, feel-good and guilt-free dessert that can be devoured anytime of the day!
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 ground ginger
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 ground cardamom
1/2 coconut sugar
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 Alpha Gourmet Keto Oil Blend
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange zest
1 cup diced red plums (about 3 small plums)
3 cups whole red plums, sliced into wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line a standard sized muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together oats, ginger and maple syrup until well combined. Set aside.
- Into a medium sized bowl sift together flour, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, ricotta cheese, Alpha Gourmet Keto Oil Blend, eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Stir in diced plums and divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Arrange 2 or 3 slices of plum on top of each muffin and sprinkle generously with oat topping.
- Bake muffins until tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
While best eaten the same day they are made, muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.