Coconut Ice Cream with a hint of Vanilla
2 cans of full fat coconut milk (I used Earth’s Choice – Extra Rich)
½ Cup Coconut Nectar
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp arrowroot starch
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp vanilla bean
Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Chill the coconut milk can 30 minutes before making this recipe
- add all the ingredients in to your blender and blend on low speed for 20 second. Or until it’s smooth. (Avoid blending it for more than 30 second or on high speed as the coconut oil will cause the milk and fat to get separated)
- Add more coconut nectar if it needs more sweetness.
- Add the mixture into a freezer safe container (I used a bread pan and covered in with aluminum)
- Every hour remove the ice-cream from the freezer and stir the mixture. (do this at least 4 times)
- Continue freezing until completely firm before serving.
- Before serving take out the ice-cream and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Serve with chopped fruits, melted chocolate, or nuts. The options are unlimited.