This creamy soup is oh-so-yummy, flavorful and satisfying with a slight hint of spiciness! So easy to make you’ll be reaching for this recipe time and time again!
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
8 medium carrots, sliced
filtered water, enough to cover the veggies
1 can full fat coconut milk
sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
1 cup organic corn
1 avocado, sliced
1. Heat coconut oil in a pot.
2. Add onions, garlic and turmeric and sauté until soft and fragrant.
3. Add carrots, sweet potatoes, and fresh thyme. Cook for a minute or so, while stirring.
4. Next add water, sea salt and pepper, cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes until the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Meanwhile simmer the corn for 10 minutes and set aside.
6. When the soup is ready, use a high speed blender or a hand blender to puree until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk, taste and adjust the flavors (the soup should have a creamy texture).
7. Serve the soup in bowls with a couple of spoonful of corn and a few slices of fresh avocado. Enjoy!